Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Nice Little Tuesday

--The Phoenix Suns have been blowing past the rest of the NBA like they were standing still. Last night they had a 17-game win streak halted. Before that, sandwiching their previous loss was...another 17-game win streak. Pretty damn impressive, but it just makes the 1972 Lakers' 33-game win streak all the more incredible.

--If there was ever a day for flapjacks, it's today. No, better make that french toast. The kind that's filled with strawberry cream cheese. Mimi's does this. I have no access to a Mimi's. This coffee will have to do for today, I guess. Come to think of it, why stop at french toast? Screw work today. I'd really like to be strolling a narrow, rain-soaked Parisian street, making my way to a cafe where I would read the paper and drink two or three cafe au laits. Yeah, I said it. So what?

--Nicole went to a book club meeting last night. I think book clubs are a great thing and there should be more of them. I'm not sure I would want to be a part of one myself though because I don't know if I could handle only every fifth book I read to be one I actually chose.

--Being in Miami would be fun too. I have good memories of Miami. Plus, I think it would be fun to be in a major city like that during Super Bowl week. Feel the buzz. Speaking of the NFL, I really enjoy watching it, but I don't have much passion for any one team, unless you count hating the Patriots, which I guess you would have to. Sure, I am an established Jets and Bucs fan, but I will be the first to admit that I am not a true fan of either team. I don't follow either one all that closely. That being said, if I were starting fresh, looking out at the NFL landscape, I can see several teams that I could openly root for. The Chargers, the Colts, the Chiefs, the Packers--these are examples of teams I could gladly attach my allegiance too. I'm not doing that because that would be sports bigamy. I'm just saying...

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm looking forward to the Suns/Cavs in the finals. Though Dallas has been KILLING it too!! Let's have a bball party!

j.h.k. said...

I'll take Washington in the East...My Laker loyalties preclude me from picking a Western Conf. winner...