Tuesday, January 23, 2007

James Blunt and Other Random Crap

--He sounds like Katherine Hepburn. "On Golden Pond" was excellent, but, as a pop singer, it's just excruciating to the ears. "The Loons!!!!"

--The terrorist behind last season's madness is Jack Bauer's BROTHER! AHHHHHHH! The world has been turned upside down! Up is down! Black is white! We can trust nothing anymore! AHHHHHHHHH! I am interested to see how Jack and CTU ultimately discover that Big Brother Bauer was behind it all last season. He's already killed his trusted colleague Curtis. Will they have him take down his poppa and brother as well? I hope so. I was dying to see Donald Sutherland appear in the Poppa Bauer role, but, alas, it's James Cromwell. Cromwell AGAIN.

--I'm still gonna close out the season, but after watching both shows last night back-to-back, I am reminded how badly "Heroes" really does suck. That show was down for like a month and this is what they come back with? Weak. Tired and weak.

--I hate it when people (mostly shows like "Extra") personify the term "Oscar." You've heard it...."Leonardo DiCaprio has been overlooked for his titanic film performances in the past...Will Oscar finally reward him this year?"

About the Oscars...I still need to see "Babel" (does anyone pronounce this title with confidence?), but my early vote for Best Picture goes to "Little Miss Sunshine." My sentimental pick, the one I am really pulling for, is Djimon Hounsou for "Blood Diamond." Speaking of him, why can my dad never pronounce Matt Damon's name correctly(always "DAY-mee-Un"), but he rolls "Djimon Hounsou" off the tongue without a hitch?

--Taking a page from Joe....What I Am Listening To:

Phil Collins. THE Phil Collins. "Against All Odds" will really get you to work in the morning, I'm tellin' ya. The world needs more Phil Collins in my opinion.

2 comments:

Joe said...

Much respect (for the Phil Collins.)

And did they really say "his titanic film performances"?? That's so not punny.

j.h.k. said...

No, that was just an example of something they would have said.