Friday, January 05, 2007

1/5/07

I don't really feel like working just yet so why not do a little blogging. Blogging...to blog.

I have been reading more lately than ever before in my life, including my school days. I am probably reading as much now as normal have been reading for years. It began with Pride and Prejudice which I enjoyed a great deal. Then I tore through Angels and Demons which was excellent. Now I am on to The Audacity of Hope by Barack Obama. I am enjoying that one as well and should finish up within the next week. Going back to Angels and Demons, I think this one is going to make a better movie than Davinci Code did. It seems to me that it has more action, the stakes are higher and more urgent. Unfortunately, Angels will have the same director, writer, and lead actor as Davinci so I will not get my hopes up. When I saw it in the theater, I thought I liked Davinci. I thought it was as good an adaptation as anyone could have hoped for considering that so much of the book consisted of Robert Langdon spouting history and figuring things out in his head. When I watched it again on dvd, I found it borderline unwatchable. I love Tom Hanks (and I do mean love), but he just fails miserably in this movie and it has nothing to do with his hair. What was that all about anyway? Why were people so up in arms over his stupid hair? Was the length and style of Robert Langdon's hair truly pivotal to the plot or themes of the book? I don't remember it being so.

I saw two movies that I cannot recommend strongly enough, "Blood Diamond" and "An Inconvenient Truth." I know some might be scared away from the former due to Leonardo's accent and from the latter given that a (gasp!) Democrat is the central speaker, but I implore these people to put their prejudice's aside. Leo's accent is actually inconspicuous and "An Inconvenient Truth" tackles a global problem that supersedes political affiliation. See them movies, suckas!

It's only January and I am already feeling Baseball Fever. Even though I realize my team has no greater chance of doing any better than it did last season, I cannot wait for the 2007 season to begin. Luckily, Spring Training is only 2 short months away. Look out, Tempe!

Man, it is tough to get off the holiday diet. I crave sweets. I desire them. They call to me. Cookies. Fudge. Chocolates. Egg nog, oh the egg nog!! But I must resist. It's not worth another chin.

NFL Playoffs this weekend. My interest this season has been spotty, but dammit if I'm not pumped for the postseason. With little else going on, I intend to camp out and watch every snap.

No comments: