Thursday, April 30, 2009

State or Wolverine? Fact or Crap?

And to El Doctor I shall go!

I caved this morning and had some coffee. At this point, the conventional methods of healing aren't working anyway so I might as well enjoy a tasty cup o' joe.

Has anyone seen "State of Play?" I want to see it, but there is also "Wolverine" to contend with.

Going to a Kentucky Derby party this weekend. I shall be slurping a mint julep and betting on horses I have never heard of. I watched "Seabiscuit" yesterday to get in the spirit. Now I just wish I had a fedora to wear.

Andrea The Receptionist has a tear-off daily calendar on her desk that has become a company favorite. It's called "Fact or Crap" which pretty much explains it. Today's Fact-or-Crap tidbit:

John Lennon and Yoko Ono once staged a month-long "bed-in" to raise awareness for world peace. (see below for answer)
















Answer: CRAP! The couple did stage two "bed-ins," one in Amsterdam and one in Montreal, but they lasted one week each.

A bed-in. How very radical. Raise your hand if you've ever staged a bed-in on the fly. Raise your hand if it raised awareness about anything but your own lazy delight.

1 comment:

Conrad said...

I have some what of a fedora, and your captains hat. But I'm heading up north for a tourney tomorrow.