Friday, April 24, 2009

Dangerous? Sure, all you can handle bro


Had our usual lunch at The Richmond today. The special? A burger with bacon, cheddar, and--get this--peanut butter. Peanut butter on a burger. They really did it. I wasn't brave enough to try it and I have been thinking about it ever since. What if that was my one chance and I blew it? This was a carpe diem type of burger, I fear. In fact, that is what they should have called it, The Carpe Diem. I really need to start living more dangerously.

I spent last Friday night at Costco, wandering like a lost soul in a forgotten world. I was there for about two hours, browsing and having intense internal debates about what to get for when, what was worth it and what wasn't. It was only the second time I had used the membership since I got the card last May and I hadn't decided whether to renew at that point so I was combing every aisle making sure I wasn't overlooking the Holy Grail of bulk food and home products. I tell you this only because it appears tonight I shall return to finish what I started last Friday. Oh God, I am having a seemingly meaningful, emotional conversation with myself about another Friday night spent at Costco. Is this like being married by common law? Should I just start wearing the ring now?

After that, I imagine I'll compensate by doing something a little more...crazy. Watch me as I walk all around the house...with my shoes on! Hear me burp with nary an "excuse me" to follow. Hell, I might even go for that extra slice of pizza, that one more glass of wine, chugging furiously towards 11 p.m. like a runaway locomotive driven by a band of outlaws.

And that's just tonight. What's on tap for tomorrow night? Ha!..........You don't wanna know.


5 comments:

Joe said...

I can believe it (PB on the burger)...last week I had a BLT with PB and it was actually really good. Crazy, I know.

And two hours at Costco??? You should take up guitar lessons or something...

Joe said...

Oh, and that photo is disturbing and brings back awful, awful memories.

j.h.k. said...

LOL!!! I forgot about your incident!

Valerie Koop said...

I have the same issue with Costco. But, it seems like everyone else always finds the best stuff there! So, I keep my membership ...

Helen's Capers said...

i probably wouldn't be a costco member if i didn't live next to the headquarters (we used to have self checkout!!) and if the block of Romano cheese wasn't such a good deal...and the 6lbs of honey...and the 6 lbs of tortillas...and the 3 gallons of OJ...and the 2 gallon pack of Apple Juice. Ok, maybe I'll stay a member.

Saving a total of a buck per tank on gas though isn't worth my time waiting in that !@*%#(*&#% line.