Monday, April 20, 2009

Back in the Saddle


It has been a while. What can I say, I've been busy. Not only that, but with everything going on with Wayne, it didn't seem right to come on here and do my usual frivolous rambling as if everything was fine and dandy. However, I know we're all following Val's blog daily now and I would hope that I could operate under a running disclaimer that Wayne and the family are never out of my mind. Besides, it's not like my blog has a sterling reputation for seriousness anyway.

I am now prepared to make the pledge that so many a blogger before me has made. With the exception of my wedding week and honeymoon, I herby commit to put up a new post each day. I can't promise they'll all be worth a shit, but I can assure you that they will exist. Quantity over quality, my friends. I think we're off to a great start so far.

There is a big development that gives me the confidence to make the pledge to post daily. Ya see, we've done some rearranging of desks here at the ol' office. My monitor is no longer exposed to the office equivalent of the 405 freeway. After more than a year of living in a glass house, my computer-using ass is no longer hanging in the proverbial wind. I feel like a new man. I'm like Andy Dufresne standing with his arms raised to the sky as the rain of freedom washes the excrement of incarceration from his body.
Well, that might have to do it for today. It is another gorgeous 85 degree day and I am Whole Foods-bound for lunch. In the words of George Costanza, I'm back, baby!

Related topic: Name great songs that aren't really about anything at all.

"Wordplay" by Jason Mraz
"Hook" by Blues Traveler

1 comment:

Wayne said...

Glad to have you back...what can I say...your blog leaves me in "stiches". Not reading it makes my "heart hurt". hahahaha...ok, enough now. I realize I am just not that funny.