Thursday, April 23, 2009

Watching the clock

Ah the challenge of Day 3.

I have been sitting her wondering what the hell to say and that hasn't gotten me anywhere so I'm just going to ramble.

Highlights of the day thus far include:

--Me slamming my finger in the paper drawer of the printer (still recovering)

--Me calling out my coworker Tommy as one of those people that always flakes. Two days ago when I asked him if he wanted to go to H&M with me tonight, he was all for it. This morning he had downgraded to a Maybe. By the time I finished lunch, a solid No. Classic flake.

--A heated argument about whether the rice from the local Mexican restaurant are, in fact, vegetarian or whether they must be cooked in chicken stock and Tommy's confidence in their veggibility is all a farce based on a miscommunication. This one has calmed down at the moment, but the instigator had to run out to UPS which just happens to be right next door to the restaurant in question. I am looking forward to this sparking up again by day's end.

Here's a little piece of trivia for you...Can you name the first compact disc pressed and released for sale in the U.S.? (see bottom for answer)

Ya know every day beyond Monday has felt like Friday to me. And now, finally, tomorrow brings the real thing. Should be a nice little weekend. Angels game, Avon training walk w/Joe The Pro, Meghan's improv show, take some engagement photos (better late than never, right?), and sushi at Katsu-ya! I am ready for it, lemme tell ya.

Alright, that's all I got.

Trivia answer: The aptly titled "Born in the U.S.A." by one Bruce Springsteen. BRUCE!

8 comments:

Valerie Koop said...

I'm fond of the daily bloggin. I missed it!

j.h.k. said...

If ya don't use it, ya lose it!

Joe said...

"Joe The Pro"? I don't do this for money...still an amateur. One of the very best, but still, an amateur.

Kory said...

I think we have a nickname that will stick for Joe..."The Pro"? Sounds good to me.

"Hey John, did you call The Pro about the ballgame?"

"I saw The Pro last night running naked down 2nd st. last night."

"The Pro and I got a movie to hit at 5, you in?"

j.h.k. said...

My only hangup is that "The Pro" doesn't work if you drop the "The."

The Cruiser, The King, The Doug...all these names work fine without the article. Not so with "The Pro."

"I just talked to Pro."
"Pro stole my galoshes."
"Pro's favorite song is 'Jai Ho' from Slumdog Millionaire."

It doesn't work. If it's gonna stick, it requires "Joe" to be used with it, i.e. Joe The Pro. Hell, it's better than Sloppy.

Conrad said...

I think it works perfect, it makes you have to use "The" like we use for "The Doug"

What kind of "training" goes on for a walk-a-thon?

j.h.k. said...

But that's just it, we can still say "Doug" and it's okay.

You guys go ahead and try it. I have a feeling it won't stick, just like "The Duck" never stuck for Kory.

Conrad said...

But I never say "Doug." Although I'm arguing for arguing's sake. I don't consider Joe a Pro, so as cool as it would be to use the nickname, it would be waste. Unless it was used in this context: "Did you see The Pro-at-being-a-bad-wingman's facebook page?"