Friday, May 01, 2009

Got the drugs, on the mend

The sinus pressure is mostly relieved. However, now I am quite punchy. Dizzy and loopy, feeling like I just got punched very very hard or suplexed. Since it's a sinus thing, I can't really tell if the drugs are working overtime or not working at all. But it's kind of fun. I should avoid driving, I think.

Well, the big day is rapidly approaching. One way I know this, other than by the calendar, is that I had my first wedding anxiety dream last night. The ceremony was indoors for some reason, hopefully not a harbinger of things to come (damn you, rain and snow). It was just about go time, but the bulk of the best men were nowhere to be found. I came out of the bathroom and found they had arrived. However, Conrad and Adam were in a very conspicuous shouting match and Bill and Cruiser were raising hell too. I drew them outside and asked what their damn problem was. Then we realized they hadn't been at the rehearsal dinner the night before and didn't know where to go, what to do, or who to do it with. I then realized I had no idea either. I looked at my watch and we were a full ten minutes behind schedule. The End.

In terms of wedding anxiety dreams, that's a pretty benign one, I think. No offense to the groomsmen. If you put any stock in the affairs of my subconscious, I would have been stashed away in Arkham Asylum long ago.

I don't usually get into box office rankings, but this weekend's movie openings provide a battle of the demographics like no other. "Wolverine" vs. "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past," i.e. guy movie vs. chick flick. Hugh Jackman with adamantium claws that come out of his friggin' hands vs. Matthew McConaughey visited by all the women he's wronged. Could be the ultimate battle royale of who wears the pants in your relationship.

I, of course, will be seeing "Wolverine." Hell, I might make it a double feature with "State of Play" just for shits and giggles. "Prognosis Negative!!!!"

(Nevermind, that Nicole has no interest in "Ghosts" or that she has to go shopping anyway.)

4 comments:

Valerie Koop said...

Glad your meds are not dimming your whit.

Feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for my dream counter part; we'll be more inconspicuous next time.

Lindsay said...

mark me down for seeing wolverine. i had zero interest in my target movie this weekend.

Conrad said...

Is Adam making it to the wedding? I can always call him and start an argument about a hooker still living a prosperous life while not trying to better the world.

Lucky for you I got popcorn and not licorice. Otherwise I would have put 3 in the middle of my fingers and tried to stab you while we walked out of the theater.