Monday, May 04, 2009

Get a hold of yourself, man!


This picture is from Cruiser's wedding. That's me and Joe on the right, wiping tears away before the first words have even been said. I'm in trouble.

We stopped by my grandparents for a visit Saturday night and I started to realize what's in store for me. We were just sitting there talking and I was fighting back tears thinking about the big day to come, how happy I was that they were going to be there, and how touched I was that they were going to be driving cross-country to be there. Come wedding time, I might have to ask somebody to punch me in the arm to save me from becoming a slobbering, cry-sloppy fool.

These are the days, aren't they?
In this last week before we skip town, one of the many last minute preparations I'm working on is to find a good book to take on the honeymoon. No politics, nothing depressing, upsetting, or very heavy. Beach reading, light but not frivolous, a quick read that leaves a lasting impression. Ya know, a good, solid summer read. I have one or two finalists on my shelf right now, but I always like to have a backup should my appetite shift once I get there. Anyone out there have any recommendations?
Went to a First Communion Saturday before my grandparents'. Saw actor Robert Davi. Also known as.....the white Special Agent Johnson from a little movie called "Die Hard" or Jake Fratelli from "The Goonies!" This was very exciting for me. At least I think it was him. I'm 90% sure. Let's just say it was, okay? Don't ruin it for me.


2 comments:

Conrad said...

Joe looks like he's laughing. And if you guys are crying, then Adam is laughing at you guys for being sissies.

j.h.k. said...

Joe is laughing BECAUSE he's crying and of course Adam is laughing at us for showing signs of emotion/humanity. Lest you forget, he's a lawyer.

Mark it dude, the first lawyer joke I have ever made at Adam's expense! Certainly not the last.