Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Seattle and Other Shite


Rent-A-Cruiser!

You caught the bouquet! Greeeeeat...(I keed)

Riding Rachel




Where Starbucks was born

Like the wall says

Chewing the fat with VW-eating Fremont Troll


Pioneer Square area

This is after the cop said via megaphone, "Show me your dance moves." After dancing, the man would resume his usual cop-cursing, talking to himself, raving lunatic behavior.

--It's a weird feeling applying for jobs...a rare vulnerability. Quite humbling.

--Saw some old friends at the wedding, of course, and it occurred to me...Why have people stopped calling me The King, dammit? Cruiser gets to be Cruiser. Brasky gets to be Brasky. Conrad gets to be Conrad. I've been The King since 8th grade! What happened? Let's get back to that, I say.

--I am finally willing to admit it...this is the absolute worst season of "24" yet. Last night's episode made no damn sense. When they shot Milo, I was like "Thank God" because it meant one less character to hinge all the lame-ass CTU social circle subplots on. I'm guessing that's not the reaction they were going for. This is not the kind of momentum I wanted them to carry into the "24" movie that goes into production after this season.

--Meanwhile, "The Shield" is the best show on television that, it would seem, no one is watching. I know no one that watches it so I have no one to talk to about it. Not that there's much to say other than, "Awesome!!!!!"

--I'm almost finished with "The History of Love" and, while I really like it, I'm not ashamed to say that I am also utterly confused by it. BZ, I will need you to explain it to me once I'm done.

--I don't care if Jesus himself wanted to pitch for my team, I would NOT stand for this b.s. Roger Clemens is pulling again about only traveling with the team when he will be starting a game on the trip. First the Astros sold out be letting him be bigger than the team, but the New York Yankees are stooping to this level now too? The times they are a changin'. The Angels might not have the 26 titles, the legend, or the tradition, but I am proud to say they would never let this shit fly.

--I'm on Week 4 of the Broken Car CD Player Era. I can't tell you how difficult it is. I can feel my lifeforce slowly seeping out of me. I'm knockin' on the door of madness, my friends.



7 comments:

Kory said...

"Rent-a-Cruiser"...I don't like it. I feel cheap.

Adam and Myisha Partridge said...

1) If it's any consolation, almost every single human being (including myself) that applies for a job is humbled. Just for freakin' summer internships, I sent out 123 resumes. 123! I got only five offers, only two of which were paid. For a freakin summer internship.
2)Call me a fuddy duddy but I think not being called a nick name is a sign of maturity. Kory laments being called Cruiser, because of the incongruence with his new, more mature life style. I was there when the King was bestowed upon you. You got it, not for being the King of any particular thing, but because of your unique infatuation with Elvis Presley (at least that's how I always understood it). When's the last time you listend to an Elvis album?
3) Now that your CD is broken, I think it is now time to claim the inheritance of our fathers: AM talk radio (not just sports either). Let me recommend 870 KRLA and 790 KABC. Just try it.

j.h.k. said...

That was one of the most upsetting comments ever made on this blog.

Kory "laments" being called Cruiser, does he? He's never said anything to us. He actually seems to perk up when we call him the Cruiser and fights to keep the name whenever I try to change it for the very reason you described. If he doesn't want to be called Cruiser, he doesn't need to waste time with silent lament. All he needs to do is say something and there will be no more Cruiser.

"Incongruence???" Seriously? I know, you got one of those Word Of The Day calendars for Christmas, didn't you? You dog...

"The inheritance of our fathers?" What does that even mean? I've listened to AM talk radio and also some NPR. Most of the time, it doesn't do anything for me. It's certainly no substitute for music.

j.h.k. said...

You ARE an old fuddy duddy. Nothing like this one law student I know who very recently was delighted to be dubbed "Donkey Kong." How infantile, right?

Adam and Myisha Partridge said...

You got me. I love that nick name.

Kory said...

Rejection of a nick name and longer hair is the precursor of manhood with Adam. I believe that I brought the area under discussion up of discarding all nick names with Adam when you altered my name to "Cosmo" back in October subsequent to purchasing the Focus. I think it was more out of objection for "Cosmo" then actually abolishing "Cruiser". (Damn, I love the “synonyms” button.)

Rebecca said...

First of all...I still call you The King. And you, damn well, better still refer to me as your Queen. "The History of Love" makes more sense towards the end. And lastly, your girl caught the bouquet in Seattle and I engaged there...I think it's a sign.