Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I HAVE BEEN TO THE PROMISED LAND!

Cruiser and I accidentally walked into the womens' bathroom at Angel Stadium.

I could have sworn the sign said "Men" when I glanced up to check. Now that I think about it, the entrance was around a slight curve so what I saw probably did say "Men," with the "W" and "O" most likely obstructed from view by the wall. So it was an innocent mistake.

We strolled right in. The first thing I noticed was that this bathroom had no urinals. I saw this as a positive since the urinals on the View level have no dividers between them anyway. Poor people are not thought to care about the lack of decorum in watching each other pee, I guess. Then I looked to the sink and saw women, no fewer than four. There was a solid split second where no one said a thing. Then I thought aloud, "Are we in the womens' room?"

"Yes, we are," confirmed The Cruiser.

We quickly turned and took a hastened few steps back the way we had come. As daylight pulled us back into the normal world, it registered that one of them answered, "Yeah. Nice job."

We couldn't help but laugh at ourselves, giddy from embarrassment, as we navigated ourselves twelve feet further to the bathroom where we belonged. It looked virtually the same as the womens' but in our minds it was quite different.

I used a stall to pee.

2 comments:

Conrad said...

I can see what your hell would look like: At an Angel game or a James Taylor concert that never ends, but you have to go to the bathroom every 5 sec, in the public restroom, with no stall dividers.

j.h.k. said...

Hell could never involve JT or the Halos. Actually...if I were stuck at a JT concert where instead of his music coming out of his mouth, it was The Killers, that would be pretty horrible.