Monday, May 14, 2007

"Finally, somebody said it!"

Counting Crows singer and Cal Commi Adam Duritz has recently created a "webzine" called Down The Rabbit Hole where he writes (passionately, I'd say) about music, books, TV, and movies that he loves. In his first two issues alone, he's devoted space to The Sportswriter, which I had just finished when I found his site, and Jackson Browne, a deeply cherished personal favorite of mine (see text of blog address). Of course, while it's cool to read how other people have been affected by the same works as I have, the best part of the 'zine, I think, is that it leads me to catch on to things I otherwise probably wouldn't have. For example, last night I watched AD's "Romance of the Week," a movie made in 2000 called "Two Family House" and I thought it was fantastic. A really sincere, heartfelt movie. I think this webzine of AD's is a really great thing and I wish I could do something similar more often without getting overruled by the little voices inside that whisper, "No one cares." How ridiculous is it to censor myself on my own friggin' blog as if it were an actual conversation with someone? No longer, I say! From this day forth, if I wanna do 300 words on "Diner," then damn it, I'm gonna. And obviously, if it's not interesting to you, you will navigate away to something that more aptly blows your dress up. I'm fine with that. In the meantime, AD waxes about Jackson Browne's first four albums better than I ever could.

Thanks, Adam Duritz. Cal still sucks ass.

No comments: