Thursday, April 26, 2007

You Make The Call

My friends, I am faced with a great moral dilemma. I have conflicting commitments/opportunities for lunchtime tomorrow.

1) Free lunch at the Smokehouse (home of the world's greatest guilty-pleasure garlic bread) with some friends from the show and their boss, her treat.

2) "A live discussion with Academy Award-nominated actor Don Cheadle and renowned human rights activist John Prendergast as they discuss their work in Africa at an Employees FIRST! event, Advocacy in Action: A Conversation on the Crisis in Darfur. Learn what you can do to help stop this human tragedy."

Are you feeling my quandary? I guess the obvious choice is the Darfur thing, right? How can I sell out human suffering for a free lunch? Then again, if you've ever had this garlic bread, you can sympathize with my pause. Rumor has it their secret is to sprinkle it with the cheese powder you get from mac & cheese.

I may end up sleeping on it, but I am fairly confident I won't be able to live with myself if I go with the lunch. Damn it.



3 comments:

Adam and Myisha Partridge said...

You can always compromise; take the free lunch, but have a "conversation on the crisis in Darfur" while you eat it.

j.h.k. said...

LOL. Excellent compromise.

AJ said...

LUNCH.