Tuesday, April 03, 2007

"I'm in a glass case of emotion!"

--Baseball is back(!), the Angels are undefeated, and I could not be happier. Well, that's probably overstating it, but I am very very pleased.

--I love Ikea. Love it. What I don't love is being charged 5 cents each for the plastic bags used to carry my affordable solutions for better living to my car. That's right, they are charging people for the fucking BAGS! I think Congress needs to step in here and restore sanity at this retail giant.

--Speaking of ridiculous charges/prices...went to Dodger Stadium for the first time this season on Friday night. Do you know how much parking is now? $15! Up 50% from last year. Do you know how much a large beer is now? $11!! E-lev-en!! Compare that to $6.25 at Angel Stadium. I mean really, Frank, that is just ridiculous.

--What's the rule on consecutive days wearing the same pair of jeans? 3? 4? Whatever it is, I might soon be pushing the limit. I just love this pair. Second all-time only to one other pair which have a gargantuan hole in the crotch (currently patched but wearing thin again).

--I do enjoy those Starbucks CDs. The Chet Baker one is outstanding.

--Summer concert season is rapidly approaching and I am wondering how much do I really need groceries and electricity. A shift in priorities might be imminent.

--Tonight marks the return of "The Shield!" Between that, "24," "House," and Angels games, my TV-watching is entering a glorious couple of months.

--So much to do, so little energy to do it.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I think you can go at least a week in the same jeans. Hardcore Japanese denim freaks don't even wash their jeans, they just air them out.

ps...did I tell you that I'm moving to New York?

pss...this may get me shanked on this blog, but me no likey baseball.

Adam and Myisha Partridge said...

Wow, I'm from the school of thought that wearing anything two days in a row is a no-no.
However, we CAN have a discussion about how many times you can wear jeans before washing them again. (I'd say four times max.)

j.h.k. said...

You don't count. I've seen some of the stuff you wear even once.