Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Oxygen, anyone?


--I gave up wine for Lent this year. Talk about sacrifice. Last night I was reunited with my long lost love and I perhaps had one glass too many as today I am severely sluggish. As in Ug.

--Big ups to Rachel Ray. Not only is she hot, but her recipe for Spring Stuffed Chicken turned out to be quite a delight.

--At Aroma on Friday, I noticed a young man wearing a pair of chic black, thick-framed glasses...with no lenses in them. I don't mean they had non-prescription glass in them (that would be bad, but not completely unheard of), no no, they had nothing. Just air. Just when I think I have seen it all, a tool like this guy comes along.

--Occasionally, I have what I like to call LA Moments. An LA Moment to me is a moment when I find myself doing something that perfectly fits the stereotypicaly weird LA image, something that I would normally make fun of someone else for doing...like wearing glasses with no glass in them. Well, I had an LA Moment on Saturday night at the wrap party for my show when I found myself sitting and partaking of....an oxygen bar. That's right, I was sitting there with a tube up my nose suckin' in some high quality, eucalyptus "flavored" O2. I did it for the gimmicky fun of it, okay?! Back off! There was a little sheet there, listing the bevy of supposed benefits of the oxygen bar, with hangover prevention a major highlight. I'm not sure it did a damn thing, but it was fun I guess. Kind of like having a party from a hospital bed, only with booze and mood lighting.

--Man, last night's was a season-saving episode of "24." The greatness of it was really pronounced when watched in conjunction with the suckiness of last week's episode. Really just brilliant stuff. The whole nuclear-launch-as-a-bluff-calling-tactic thing, faaaaantastic. I was outraged when it appeared the writers were having President Palmer inexplicably reverse his stance on the launch for no better reason than to make viewers gasp, despite it making no sense at all. It reminded me of something the "Heroes" hacks would pull. But oooooh no, the "24" crew was just toying with us, finally using our 5 seasons of viewership to their manipulative advantage! They rope-a-doped us and it was awesome! Not to mention they finally gave Jack Bauer his balls back!! It was getting quite disturbing how little he was involved in recent episodes and then finally last night we get the old Jack Bauer back, personally taking out Fayed's team and then killing Fayed with his bare hands, thus securing the remaining suitcase nukes!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!! And now the fuckin' Chinese want a piece? Bring. It. On. Biatch!

--Dammit, I have rarely needed a nap as badly as I do today. I'm not sure I can actually be here today. Although sleep has not been exactly pleasant of late. I have been having some seriously fucked up dreams, from full scale nuclear attacks to my being diagnosed with stomach cancer (by a dentist no less) to watching people brutally beat each other whilst stealing my car, it has been an upsetting series of slumber. I still think I'd like to take my chances though.

--Saw "The Lookout" over the weekend. It was good.

--Got a new CD that I am digging, "Safe Away" by Denison Witmer. Some whiny moments, sure, but still intimate goodness more often than not.

MMmmmmmokay then. Happy Tuesday.

8 comments:

j.h.k. said...

Wow, I don't have osteoporosis but you'd never know it by looking at that photo. Stand up straight you sumbitch!

Adam and Myisha Partridge said...

I've come to the conclusion that Rachel Ray isn't so much hot as she is much better looking than Martha Stewart or any other cook/homemaking person in the biz.

j.h.k. said...

That's definitely an interesting theory. I'll go one step further and ask if her attractiveness is heightened because her cooking taps into some outdated, traditional image of a domestic woman?

Regardless, look at this photo and tell me she's not hot.

http://www.joncellini.com/blog/archives/images/5big.jpg

Adam and Myisha Partridge said...

Yea, sorry, not so hot to me. She's gotta flat stomach, but she's not especially curvy, her head is disproportionately bigger than the rest of her body and besides all of that, the entire picture is air brushed into oblivion.

j.h.k. said...

I didn't say she was the hottest woman of all-time or anything. Can't a woman be hot even if she's not "perfect?"

Rebecca said...

um...don't you have an LA moment everyday when you drive to work at a studio where you work for a TV show? Don't get much more LA than that. :)

j.h.k. said...

Yeah, this is true. I was thinking more weird though...weird like people getting colonics for fun and other stuff from "LA Story." But you are right, there is more LA weirdness on a daily basis than I even realize.

Adam and Myisha Partridge said...

Oh, there is certainly a distintion between hot and perfect, but in the heirarchy of adjectives to describe someone's looks, Rachel Ray is below both of those. In fact on the scale I have listed below, Rachel Ray would be in the 'cute' to 'good looking' range:

Really Ugly
Ugly
Kinda Ugly
Okay
cute
pretty good looking
good looking
pretty hot
hot
smoking hot
perfect