Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Stop The Insanity!

Every morning when I walk into the kitchen here at Dunder-Mifflin Burbank, there is at least 4 minutes left suspended on the microwave timer. First of all, leaving time on the timer is a pet peeve of mine so, of course, I clear it whenever I see it. But also, it vexes me...In the world of microwave cooking, how can you routinely overestimate your needed time by 4-5 minutes? With a conventional oven, sure, I could see it, but a microwave? Are we defrosting a cro-magnon man here? Four minutes is inexplicable. Let's see, how long should it take to heat this bowl of Quaker Instant Oatmeal? Hmmm....Eight minutes oughtta do the trick....(2 minutes later)....Wow, look at that, it's already done! Of course, the best part about the whole thing is the name of the department in which all of this madness occurs......"Estimating."

3 comments:

Adam and Myisha Partridge said...

My pet peeve is people who have too many pet peeves.

Kory said...

You need to cool out. Your going to give yourself a heart attack.

AJ said...

I feel your pain.

About mid morning, this girl that sits by me goes to the kitchen and microaves a snack. If I go in there after, there is always 2:31 left on the microwave.

How does this happen?