Friday, March 02, 2007

Friday


With Obama, Clinton, McCain, and Guliani all loading their guns for a run at the Presidency, I think there's one candidate we can all get behind...


(this is a t-shirt available at snorgtees)



--I saw "Zodiac" last night and I really enjoyed it. It's definitely the most un-Fincher-like of David Fincher's movies. It felt more like "All The President's Men" to me. A complex, well-crafted, whodunnit with great acting all around.

--24 hours until the 2007 Fantasy Baseball Draft. The tension is palpable. I'll be lucky if I get 5 hours of R.E.M. tonight.

--St. Patty's Day is 2 short weeks away and seeing as how it's on a Saturday this year (!!!), I feel like the buildup for this thing is akin to a New Year's Eve. Friends, Romans, countrymen....lend me your suggestions.

--I am currently reading "The Sportswriter" by Richard Ford and while I still have about a third of it still to finish, I can already tell it's one of my favorite books. I might explain when I do finish...sometime this year.

--I feel like going shopping today. Good thing I have to work or I actually might do it.

--I don't want to sound all artsy-fartsy here, but what would life be like without television? Okay, let's say there is television, but it only shows the news. Is there any way this does not make everyone's lives better? Sometimes I think The Riddler's plot from "Batman Forever" might be based on actual events.

No comments: