Monday, January 23, 2006

You will wait your damn turn and like it

So I'm in the shower at the gym this morning when, from the other side of the curtain, I hear the booming voice of an asshole. Under a thin veil of fake politeness, it commands "Let's go guys. If you're drying off, step out of the shower. We got a line out here, thanks." Fuck you, pal. Sometimes when you find yourself in a line it doesn't mean everyone in front of you needs to hurry up; it means you just have to wait. Is it my fault you didn't leave yourself enough time to deal with a temporary shower backup? I think not. Is the twenty-five seconds it takes me to dry off really gonna make or break your schedule? I think not. And I will tell you this, pal...I am NOT going to be one of these guys that casually walks around the locker room buck naked with my frank and beans bobbin' around for all the world to see. Why is it always the old guys that do this? It's one thing to be comfortable with your body, but seriously, consider if those around you are going to be comfortable with your body. I can't tell you how many times I have come around the corner into the locker room to be greeted by some strange guy's asshole staring me in the face. At 6 a.m., it makes for a very abrupt and unpleasant wake-up call. So no, I am not going to inflict such a trauma on some other poor sap just to save some hasselhoff a couple seconds of waiting. I'm a courteous, considerate person, but there are just some things I will not do. We've all waited in lines and lived to tell about it. So shall you, sir.

2 comments:

Joe said...

Do you ever get ulcers?

j.h.k. said...

ba dum bum!