Wednesday, January 11, 2006

There ain't nothin in this world better than:

--A campground shower...outdoor showers as a whole are pretty unbeatable, but a campground shower tops em all.

--A new pair of socks fresh out of the package...If I were ridiculously rich, this is where my requisite frivolous spending might come into play. I think if I had the bankroll, I might have a brand new pair of socks for every day.

--Peanut butter toast.

--A tall glass of milk to follow.

--A scooner of Pabst and a special at Joe Jost's

--On a similar note...Being on vacation and having a pint in the middle of the day.

--Going to Costco with your mom (or grandmother), getting a hot dog on the way out.

--Taking a 2-hour nap. This one sounds especially sweet today.

--Playing football in the rain.

--Unexpectedly finding one of those CDs you just can't take out of the player for a month.

--SkyMall Magazine.

--Drive-in movies.

--Breakfast for dinner.

--"Slip Slidin' Away" by Paul Simon.

--"Carolina in My Mind (live version)" By James Taylor.

--"Into the Mystic" by Van Morrison.

--"Lord, I Hope This Day is Good" by Don Williams.

--"Drift Away" by Dobie Fuckin Gray, not that bullshit hack version by Uncle Cracker.

--"The Gambler" by Kenny Rogers.

--Coming off the jetway to find someone waiting for you...Even though it's pretty much impossible these days given the new rules allowing only ticketed passengers to the gates.

--Campfires.

--White cake, white frosting, rainbow sprinkled donuts.

--A big, juicy, extra-large Fuji apple (I have one of these in my lunch today).

--Road Trips!

--Killing time making lists such as this.

(To be continued)

4 comments:

Koop de Ville said...

Not a bad start although I'd have to add "burnt" to the peanut butter toast and I'd say sharing a movie with the dead ranks right up there with a drive-in.

j.h.k. said...

Burnt toast is for the birds!

Adam and Myisha Partridge said...

...and TWINS

Anonymous said...

I found your "List of Things to do at Dick's Hallmark When You're Bored on a Sunday" a few months ago. I was dying laughing. This reminded me of it.