Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Wide Open Spaces

I'm redecorating my cubicle.  Well, to a degree.  It's already all decked out for fall, but I am working to organize it more cleanly, free up some space, and class it up a little.  I've 86'ed a printer I barely used which has freed up what feels like fifty percent of my surface space.  I am befuddled as to make tasteful use of it while still maintaining a neat, uncluttered space.  Perhaps a nice table lamp and some interesting art/coffee table books?  Should I put the special coffeemaker for our quadrant there?  No, I don't want people all up on my back getting coffee all the time.  Zen garden anyone?  How about a wet bar?  That would be my first choice, assuming I could get away with it, of course, which I can't.  What if the bottles remained sealed or didn't actually contain alcohol?  What if I installed a Mad Men-esque bar that was for decorative purposes only.  I will occasionally need to use the space, of course, for my holiday arts and crafts or (gasp)....filing.  Come Christmastime, I figure it's an ideal place for a gingerbread house, bare minimum.  We're talking about approximately 2.5 x 4 feet of untapped potential here.

1 comment:

The Mayne Family said...

Good to see you back on the blog..