Tuesday, September 08, 2009

You Make The Call

So I just went to the running store to get a couple pairs of the socks I am going to use for the Avon this weekend. I was all checked out and on my way out the door when I turned and made one last impulse buy. I really need some outside opinions on this.

I got pink wristbands.

Here was my thinking...Pink is the big color for the Walk. Pink shirts, shorts, ribbons galore. Pink is going to be everywhere and on everyone. Except on me. I shalt not done pink shorts. I am going to be walking step for step with all the pink-clad people so it's not like I need the pink to prove my dedication. But I just felt like to wear no pink at all might be kind of party-pooper-ish so I thought the wristbands (sweatbands) might be an acceptable compromise. A showing of solidarity. What's the vote on this?

A) Totally fine. It's a good cause and if the color of that cause is pink, then so be it. Just as long as you only wear them for the two days of the Walk.

B) There are simply no circumstances under which it is acceptable for men to wear pink.

7 comments:

Helen's Capers said...

A all the way!

Conrad said...

If Major League ballplayers can do it, then so can you. Try telling the Impaler he shouldn't wear pink (and that's just for Mother's Day). Personally, I think you should have found a shirt with pink on it. What, you wanna be the guy who's too cool to wear a costume to a Halloween party? When in Rome.

j.h.k. said...

Excellent points. They do have a merch store at Event Eve...

Joe said...

You know exactly where I stand on this...give 'em hell!

Kory said...

Fag.

Joe said...

(shakes head)

AJ said...

(giggles)