Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Abgels game liveblogging! God bless the laptop!

Angels with the tying run at 3rd, nobody out, trailing 5-4 to the almighty Yankees! Come on Figgins!

1-1 count....

off the plate, 2-1....

check swing foul, 2-2....

Feels like October, doesn't it?

Another foul...No, if it were October, we's inexplicably squeeze and the tying run would be out at the plate.

Pop out to 1B. Shite. Come on. Deep fly out ties the game. Contact play probably on.

1-0 to Maicer Izturis.

1-1.

2-1.

3-1. Hitter's count, kid.

BASE HIT! BASE HIT! IZTURIS SINGLES, KENDRICK SCORES! AFTER TRAILING 5-0, WE'RE TIED AT 5 IN THE 8TH!

Can somebody please explain this Tecate Light commerical to me? I just don't get it. I get that it's a Mexican beer company and when they say "we" in the commercial, they are claiming to speak for the entire country and its culture. What I don't get is what they are actually trying to say...I am sure it will show for the 57th time tonight at the next commercial so I will quote it verbatim. In the meantime....

WILD PITCH MOVES IZTURIS INTO SCORING POSITION AND THEN ABREU WALKS ANYWAY!

Why do so many pro athletes live in Florida? This Phil Hughes kid is the perfect example. He's from Southern California and he chooses to now live in Florida? Bullshit. Only an idiot would make that switch. I get that's for tax reasons, but my question is what designates the official residence? Could he own a hut in the Miami ghetto and get the tax shelter? Does he have to spend X number of days there yearly?

That strikeout from Vlad was my fault. Trust me.

Come on Torii! Find me some green double-I! Or strike out. It's okay though, we rally to tie!

You know what I got at Trader Joe's tonight? Beer Bread Mix. Beer. Bread Mix. Who knew?! Trader Joe, you never cease to amaze me.

Unfuckingbelievable. After checking the runner approximately 19 times, we try a pitchout and guess right, but can't execute the throw to 2nd. I think one reason I love this team is because I see a lot of myself in them.

This is the most touching commerical for men's hair coloring that I have ever seen...Cue the flutes!

It occurs to me that with something like 12 games remaining in the regular season, I have been to all of 2(!!) Angels games this season. I blame Kory for never coming through with free tickets. I think he's been holding out on me.

Ouch. Is there anything more deflating than a strike em out, throw em out double play to erase the tying run from the basepaths in the bottom of the ninth? Probably, but it's gotta be close.

Alright. Game over. Congrats Yankees, but you're still not beating anybody in the American League in the playoffs.

Evenin' folks.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

maybe it's just because they put beer in everything in texas, but i have seen/ heard/ sampled that particular type of snack before-- can be quite tasty!