Tuesday, September 29, 2009

S.O.S.D.D.

--I like the name "The Buddy System" for a band and I don't care what anybody says. It makes me laugh. It wouldn't be a lasting band, of course. They'd never sniff a second album in the Billboard Top 100 much less the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Compare them to, say.....The Ataris. For this type of one-to-three-hit wonder, fun, simple pop music band, how can you go wrong with The Buddy System? I can't say it without laughing.

--Apparently, my floormats are trying to kill me.

--So it's looking like it will be me and the cats on Halloween night. My plan is to watch USC dismantle the Ducks of Oregon on their home field and then watch some Halloween movies. These are the ones I am thinking of as of now. If you've seen any of them, please weigh in.

"Nightmare Before Christmas"

"Creepshow"

"Halloween" (John Carpenter, not Rob Zombie...I have seen this one, but it's a classic)

"The Thing" (Saw this so long ago it's like never seeing it. I'm concerned even though it's scary, that the arctic setting will not feel Halloween-y)

Any other ideas?

--Well, I have great news. I have received the official OK from my coworkers to start my Christmas music the week of Thanksgiving. A huge victory for my cause.

--Speaking of Christmas music....Have you heard Bob Dylan is releasing a Christmas album this year? Should be interesting. I'd like to see Norah Jones put out a holiday album. Seems like a no-brainer to me. There are a lot of artists/groups that would make some quality holiday music, I feel. Ben Folds, Ben Kweller, Ben Lee...and those are just The Bens.

5 comments:

Adam and Myisha Partridge said...

Nightmare before Christmas is a must see. Along that vain, corpse bride is enjoyable and a worthy Halloween movie

j.h.k. said...

Adam G. Partridge...The name sounds familiar...Could it be he of LB?

Adam and Myisha Partridge said...

One and the same! I've been all over the place and also having problems with my skype when I'm home but I will resolve it soon and call u

Valerie Koop said...

Who needs more Christmas music when you've got the Val Mix from last year? Feelings are hurt, really hurt.

Where is Nik on Halloween night?

Saw Starbucks' Pumpkin Latte sign this morning and thought of you! The trees are all turning ... 2 in our backyard have turned the prettiest shade of red. Wish you and Nik were here to make stew.

Is it bad form to leave comments this long???

j.h.k. said...

We encourage long comments.

Funny, I was just thinking it was about stew time. Not today since it's 93(wtf), but on one of the more normal days. I actually wore fleece earlier this week. It was great.

The wife will be in Vegas on Halloween for Lindsay's 30th birthday, probably getting into mischief. I can't go because I'm going two weeks earlier for a bachelor party (cue joke about losing cell phone).

Tell those trees to hold on for us! We are buying our tickets for Christmas today!

P.S. You can never have enough Christmas music.