Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Breastbeat

I have decided to combine my love for music with my efforts to raise funds as part of the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. I am excited to announce the release of a very special mix CD called "Simply The Breast."

Over the next few nights, after walking of course, I am going to be putting together a collection of great music that hasn't gotten a lot of attention. A collection of somewhat hidden gems if you will. As many of you know, I take my playlists very seriously. I love those moments when I've got a song playing and someone perks up and asks, "Who is this?" Conversely, I love being on the other end of that scenario too. It will come as no surprise then that I adore-a Pandora and think Itunes' Genius is, well, genius. Obviously, I can't make a single CD that would fit everyone's varying tastes as well as those two musical engines can, but I think I can find a common though eclectic ground of songs that are so universally awesome that it could be overall pleasing to most good people I know. This is my challenge anyway.

Then comes the fundraising part. While it's probably very very illegal to "sell" a CD of other peoples' works, as a separate proposition, I am sure this wonderful collection of music may very well inspire listeners to donate $20 to the crucial cause of breast cancer which kills 40,000 women a year.

So please, friends, if you would like to hear some great new music, please just let me know where to send your copy of "Simply The Breast."

And if you would like to make a donation to the fight against breast cancer, you may do so using my personal page through Avon, sponsors of the upcoming Avon Walk for Breast Cancer, Los Angeles.

http://www.avonwalk.org/goto/JohnKumpart

I would love to share this great music I have stumbled on which I feel enriches my life.

Donations to Avon will go toward funding access to care and finding a cure for Breast Cancer and are, of course, tax deductible.

Thanks everyone. I really hope you like the music.

P.S. Obviously, you don't want to post your address in the comments so email it to me at john.kumpart@gmail.com...Although, who am I kidding, chances are I already have all 10 of your addresses and you could easily just write "I'll take one," but let's play along, shall we?

4 comments:

Valerie Koop said...

Good idea. I'll take one.

Helen's Capers said...

what a fab idea! you are a creative fundraiser, mr. kumpart. i assume the track listing is a surprise until you order the cd? ;) i'll email you my official request/order.

Conrad said...

Are they tailored to each person, by your own opinion? Or are they one-size fits all?

j.h.k. said...

depends how many orders come in i guess. as of now, they could be tailored to each person. if it gets to be too many, it will have to be one size fits all.