Friday, February 16, 2007

"PROGNOSIS NEGATIVE!!!!"

One more thing I love, and it's kind of a subcategory of another thing I listed. On a more superficial level, strictly for entertainment value, I friggin' love suspenseful movies. Thrillers. Preferably political. I sit down with butter-saturated popcorn and a tall Cherry Coke and my eyes are as wide as a kid at his first baseball game. It's like on "Seinfeld" when they'd all be jazzed about seeing some movie like "Prognosis Negative." Tonight, I am all over "Breach" like hair on a bear. Tickets are purchased. Hopefully, it will actually turn out to be decent so I can enjoy the movie as much as I enjoy the buildup to it.

I realize I'm echoing what millions have been saying for years, but it bears repeating..."Seinfeld" was bar none the greatest show in the history of television. The rest of the top five is arguable. Ya got your "Cheers," your "24," etc., but there is no doubt as to what show is perched on the throne of Numero Uno, it's "Seinfeld" all the way baby! It's just thoroughly, consistently brilliant.

No comments: