Monday, February 12, 2007

2007 Major League Baseball Picks


Pitchers and catchers report in a matter of hours! The return of major league baseball is upon us!

Without further ado, I submit to you my 2007 MLB Picks:

AL WEST - Los Angeles of Anaheim (Voting with my heart and my head)

AL CENTRAL - Cleveland Indians

AL EAST - New York Yankees

AL WILD CARD - Boston Red Sox

NL WEST - Arizona Diamondbacks

NL CENTRAL - Chicago Cubs

NL EAST - New York Mets

NL WILD CARD - San Diego Padres

AL DIVISION SERIES:

Cleveland over Boston
New York over Los Angeles

NL DIVISION SERIES:

Chicago over Arizona
New York over San Diego

AL CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES: Cleveland over New York (begin "Major League" references now)

NL CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES: New York over Chicago

2007 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS: Cleveland Indians over New York Mets ("The Indians win it! The Indians win it! Oh my God, the Indians win it!!")

HONORS:

AL MVP - David Ortiz

AL CY YOUNG - Roy "Doc" Halladay

NL MVP - Albert Pujols

NL CY YOUNG - Carlos Zambrano

7 comments:

AJ said...

I have to object. The Yankees are going to be something fierce this season. Lookout Indians, the Yanks are coming!

Also-- I think some day a DH can be the MVP but not any season soon.

Adam and Myisha Partridge said...

I like the Indians as a World Series pick because it's not out of the realm of possibility enough to be trendy and crazy enough that you don't look like a fool if it doesn't happen, you just look balsy.
And I don't know how you can pick the Angels for the AL west when they're just another year older and not any better.

j.h.k. said...

It's pretty easy actually. Where do I begin...

A full season of Jered Weaver...GA will never be his old self again but he'll be better this year because he's healthy....Matthews will drop from what he did last year, but he'll be a better leadoff guy than Figgins and better in centerfield...A full season of Howie Kendrick...I expect Kotchman to have a decent season once he gets back to 100%...but mostly it's because the A's just look 4-7 wins weaker than the Angels to me. You wanna make a gentleman's bet on it like we did with the Lakers and Clippers?

Adam and Myisha Partridge said...

Sure. I'm game. What exactly is our wager?
You: Angels will have more wins than A's?
Me: A's will have more wins than Angels?
And for the record, what was our Lakers/Clippers bet? DidI say that the Clippers would go further in the playoffs than the Lakers? (Looking pretty foolish at this point, but I'll stick with it...)

j.h.k. said...

Yeah, we're wagering on which of the two teams will finish the regular season with more wins, i.e. the better standing in the division.

Just tried to find your quote about the Clippers in your archives but was unsuccessful. You said something like "Print this, the Clippers will go further than the Lakers."

A's in baseball, Clippers in basketball...who's our football team, the Raiders?

Kory said...

At last I can leave a damn comment on this site!! I got nothing to say right now but I just wanted to ANNOUNCE MY PRESENCE WITH ATHORITY!!

Conrad said...

John, there must be some way to block him from posting...