Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Mixed Bag

Why do mens' bikes have the pole while womens' bikes do not? Doesn't that seem bassackwards?

I know I am the only one that watches it or cares, but last night's season finale of "The Shield" was utterly shocking. I had done all my preparations for today before it started so that when it ended at 1130, I could go straight to bed. Couldn't do it. Could not go from what occurred to sleep without a buffer period. I friggin' love that show, man.

Did anyone see this footage of the cat that was up in the tree and fell 80 feet to the ground? The little bastard sprung up and ran away like he got kicked off the couch! How is this possible?! My cat fell 30 feet and broke his leg so badly it cost me upwards of 3K in surgery!!! He was just sitting in the damn window of his home! This little shit was climbing 80-ft trees!! Damn it.

Am I the only sports-loving male who is only mildly interested in the NCAA Tournament?

5 comments:

Joe said...

"Studies show that if a cat falls off the seventh floor of a building it has about thirty percent less chance of surviving than a cat that falls off the twentieth floor. It supposedly takes about eight floors for the cat to realize what is occurring, relax and correct itself."

--Snapple cap

j.h.k. said...

That is a lot to fit onto a Snapple cap. When I met with the surgeon, he told me he had heard of cats falling from hundreds of feet and surviving without much damage.

Adam and Myisha Partridge said...

"Am I the only sports-loving male who is only mildly interested in the NCAA Tournament?"
That's a contradiction in terms. You cannot (a) love sports and (b) have a mild interest in the NCAA tournament at the same time. The tourney IS the greatest sporting event in all of sports, period. It's more exciting and compelling than the Super Bowl, World Series, and the NBA Finals combined.
Seriously, next year, take Thursday and Friday off and watch all of the first round games. You will not regret it. (You can also go to NCAA.com and watch all of the games for free. If you don't have time for that, just watch the last two minutes of the games. They're unbelievable.

j.h.k. said...

Don't get me wrong, I watched some games. Got a TV right here in the office. Maybe the problem is that I don't see enough of the teams throughout the regular season. It is a swirling contradiction because I favor the intensity and fundamentals of college ball over the NBA, but yet the tourney is barely more interesting than the little league world series.

Joe said...

Dude! The Little League World Series ROCKS!

And you don't have to follow teams in the regular season (but you should, Mr. SoapboxSports)...trying to figure out how a 12-seed from Podunk, Ohio beat Michigan or Arizona or Georgia Tech is what makes the Big Dance so great!