Friday, March 24, 2006

Is there no hope for humanity?

My ipod got stolen this morning. My ipod got stolen this morning from the company gym. While Conrad and I were doing our weight routine, someone actually picked it up in plain view knowing it did not belong to them and walked away with it. This actually happened. There were maybe 12 people in the gym total, including Conrad and myself. Most of them were the same people I see there every morning and will see there every morning as long as I keep going. These were my fellow employees, grown people, adults with good jobs. And one of them stole from me. What. The. Fuck. Has the whole world gone crazy? Is there nothing sacred left? This was a gift from my girlfriend. It had a personal inscription on the back. And they stole it? Unbelievable. I am this close to dawning a Guy Fawkes mask and burning this fucker down.

The fitness center staff takes your ID when you come in. They have a record of who was there in the thirty-minute window in which we know it was taken. I want that list. I want to watch three consecutive seasons of "24" and then go down that list one by one. They will talk.

What Would Jack Bauer Do?

2 comments:

Joe said...

"Jack Bauer doesn't listen to an iPod. The iPod listens to him."

If you need me to go undercover at the WB gym and find the sombitch, let me know...

Online Dating Girl said...

Dude for real, I will fly out there and kick some ass. We'll make them talk. I have my ways. The ipod will be returned!