Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I am dangerously tored. I fear if I stop typing for more than a minute, I will fall asleep sitting up at my desk. Must...keep...typing...

Yo quiero apple. Fuji apple. Or a nice, cool glass of pink lemonade. Maybe some milk. I am afraid to think of what I might do for a glass of milk and a nap.

Went to that Ashes and Snow exhibit down at the Santa Monica Pier last weekend. It was quite amazing. Beautiful. I wish there had been more information about it though. In the pictures where the kids were seemingly reading to the elephants, what were they reading? How long did the human subjects sit there? Did the artist stage any of the action or was he truly just an observer? Anywho, I thought it was a very unique, relaxing, engaging exhibition and I recommend it to all. Fifteen bucks well spent.

Fuck it, I'm gonna get some coffee.

2 comments:

Joe said...

"With profound patience and an unswerving commitment to the expressive and artistic nature of animals, [Gregory Colbert] has captured extraordinary, unscripted interactions between humans and animals. None of the images have been digitally collaged or superimposed."

Sounds pretty cool and the exhibit is getting great reviews.

j.h.k. said...

It really was. You see the photos on the website and around town, but going to the exhibit is still a must. The films are almost more incredible than the stills and the environment they create inside the mobile museum is very peaceful.