Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Little Wednesday

--Looking like I will be blessed with a four-day weekend next week. My mind spins with the possibilities. Paris? Tuscany? Anaheim? A man with a couple days off is a terrible thing to waste. It couldn't come at a better time actually. It's been a busy string of months and it's frustrating to not be able to keep up with normal life things like keeping the house clean and getting birthday gifts on time, not to mention the leisurely pleasure of having time to think.

--Had a great time in Portland last weekend. Sarah and Bill Brasky were incredible hosts. I'll post some pics and stories later, just wanted to mention it now.

--Viva El Doug! Poor guy ate shit on his bike and hurt himself pretty badly. I tell you what, this has been a bitch of a year, hasn't it? I won't list them for the sake of it appearing as if I am comparing one hardship with another, but it seems like most people I know have had something really difficult happen in their lives this year. And we're only in July! Still, there have been some really amazing, beautiful, positive things, many of which have come by way of the negative so there you have it. Let's just cease and desist with the bad news until after New Year's, okay Universe? I think that's fair.

--On that same note, with everything Wayne has been going through, who do you think texted me this morning to ask me how I was feeling? The guy was barely home from the hospital and he was asking me how I was (I have been having some severe stomach pains for the past two weeks). He's fighting cancer and he's asking me about my stomach ache. Amazing guy, wouldn't you say? By the way, I'll be shutting up about my health right about....now.

--Also derived from the list of shit....We lost Callie yesterday. If you've ever been to my dad's, you would remember Callie as the sweet little calico that fell over when you scratched her back and was widely regarded as one of the sweeter cats of all time. There was nothing specifically wrong with her in the way of a disease or anything like that. She was just so old (19) and had nothing left in the tank. She couldn't walk more than a few steps without falling over to rest, couldn't make it to the litter box before she had to go, couldn't make it up onto her favorite couch. So, difficult as it was, it was time.

Well, that's all for today.

No comments: