Monday, July 20, 2009

The $18 DVD Rental

The only problem with Netflix is that the no-late-fee thing can encourage movie-watching laziness. One movie can sit unwatched for weeks on end. Before you know it, you've paid two months worth of membership for one movie that you still haven't seen. This was the case for me with "Flash of Genius," starring Greg Kinnear. Last night, we drew a line in the sand. Watched the movie and suspended the account thereafter.

Let me tell you, this movie might have been worth the eighteen bucks. It's a thought-provoking, inspiring story of integrity, perserverance, and truth. I recommend renting it and watching it within the first two months of bringing it home.

2 comments:

Online Dating Girl said...

I had 3 movies sitting on my dresser since OCTOBER. So essentially I paid $162 for 3 movies that were kind of crappy. I suspended my account last week and have sine been kicking myself for the laziness. Glad to know the cheese does not stand alone.

j.h.k. said...

It does not stand alone. It stands below you, looking up in awe!