Thursday, January 15, 2009

Humor Me...

So we fly tomorrow which, of course, means I am getting nervous and paranoid today. As per usual, I am viewing everything I am doing over the last couple days through the filter of the poetic irony the actions would take on should I die on the trip.

For example...The fact that after months of many false starts and failed attempts to get our Save-the-Dates out, tonight we will seal and stamp the last one. We'll drop them in the mail on our way to the airport. Once again, I know I have seen too many movies, but the image of ~150 friends and family members opening a save-the-date after something horrible has made it a moot point is so poignant to me that it makes me fear for that possibility.

Apply this ridiculous anti-reasoning to everything you do in a day and you get a sense of what I am talking about.

The good news is that by saying all this on the world wide web, I feel like I am somewhat relieving the sense of morbid forboding. It can't happen now because I just jinxed it, right? Or can it because I just said that I had jinxed it? AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I just want to get there. Apparently, a stiff Screwdriver might be required to keep my sanity until we arrive.

UPDATE: And now I just saw this....greeeeeeeeat....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/plane_in_river

3 comments:

Kory said...

The plane in the river thing and now that you side with the Yankees...I think something bad is going to happen.

j.h.k. said...

Made it, safe and sound!

And I wasn't siding with the Yankees. I was defending Arte Moreno from a reactionary fan who didn't know the whole story.

Rebecca said...

So where are you? glad you made it safe.