Thursday, January 08, 2009

File under: No Shit, Sherlock







Lord knows I've spent enough breath defending my city of Los Angeles, but I will concede that there are certainly aspects of the city worth hating. However, one quality I think even the biggest of the LA-haters would have to appreciate (or should) is the city's proximity to such a wide variety of escapes. Which is why I think most anti-LA arguments are inherently flawed in that they consider LA as a metropolitan area and not Southern California as a whole. Every locale pictured above can be reached from LA proper within 3 hours by car (if you know when to leave and how to go). That being said, the image I have chosen to be my desktop all week, that which I imagine as my escape, the place I gaze at longingly between tasks.....New York City. A conflicted soul, I shall remain.

1 comment:

Valerie Koop said...

NYC has a special place in my heart, too.

As far as southern cali goes - you are right. There's a reason 10% sales tax can be justified. Look at all you have out there...