Thursday, February 18, 2010

Something's Gotta Give

If NBC is going to tape delay the Olympics, then there needs to be a consensus among the rest of the media to not report results as if we have the ability to watch them live.

It's driving me absolutely insane. If I want to actually watch the Olympics without already knowing the outcome, I have to go into a cone of silence the entire day. I can't go to espn.com even one single time. Do you have any idea how difficult this is for a red-blooded, sports-loving, American male? I believe it fits the legal definition of torture. (Insert political joke here) It's the painful. I can't follow the beginning of spring training. I can't check on breaking NBA trades. I can't even check the Olympic schedule. To safely avoid any spoiler, I must avoid sports altogether all day long. Not only that, but I can't go to any news site either. No NY Times, no msnbc, no nada. (Insert second political joke here) What am I supposed to do if I can't read about sports and world affairs, work?

I don't even know if I can have friends during the Olympics. Can I trust them not to IM, email, text, or Facebook something about the fate of the U.S. Olympians? We had one close call already and after this post, I have a feeling I will be getting spoiler messages simply out of spite.

That's it, I am moving to a secluded shack in the backwoods of Montana for the duration of the Olympiad. Of course, it will still need to have HD service.

4 comments:

Joe said...

Baseball news:
http://espn.go.com/mlb/

Basketball news:
http://espn.go.com/nba/

US non-sports news:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032525/ns/us_news/

US political news:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032553/ns/politics/


You're welcome.

Conrad said...

Haha, after reading this post, I looked at my gmail tab and there was a new email. I open it up, and it's Ralph Lauren (I gave my email address while at the outlets) and it's congratulating someone on taking gold. Won't say who so I don't spoil it...

j.h.k. said...

Thank you, Conrad. See what I mean?

The Mayne Family said...

I've been saying the same thing! It drives me nuts.