Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Annual Whining-About-Fall Post!





If there is a good thing about working in the middle of an office building without an easily viewed window, it's that you can imagine the outside world to be whatever you want and you might actually start to believe it. According to me, we sit firmly in the Fall.

When I'm not in my bubble at work and my imagination is tested by the sunny skies and 78 degree days, I must work a little harder. Luckily, Starbucks has armed me with the return of the Pumpkin Spice Latte, a seasonal delight. I've got the Fall Playlist fresh on the Ipod, ready to go. There is a tree-lined stretch of street in my neighborhood where the leaves actually change colors and, get this, fall to the ground. Right now, all roads pass through, if not lead to, this street. I've got football. I've got the "Peanuts" gang. I've got the Land's End and LL Bean catalogs. I've got soup.
I can get through this.

6 comments:

Conrad said...

"Good Grief!"

stay davies said...

Tis true, Charlie Brown, U R my brotha from anotha mutha! RATS! What is this FALL PLAYLIST u speak of?! It sounds phenomenal! :-)

Adam and Myisha Partridge said...

Yes, I'd love to see what exactly is on your Fall play list.

Kory said...

You know how I know your gay?
You have a fall play list on your iPod.

j.h.k. said...

Stacia Davies! There you are! What the hell is going on?

I shall make a seperate post of the Fall playlist.

Amanda said...

Aww! I know how you feel. I lived in Vegas for several years and couldn't WAIT to get back to the midwest. i agree, fall is by far the best time of year. Thank goodness for the internet where you can see all the things that you can't have. When we are buried in snow and freezing our tails off, I'll think of your comfort :)