Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Actual Conversation With Doctor's Office

Her: I have an 8 a.m. appointment available and an 8:50, which would work better for you?

Me: Let's go with the 8:50.

Her: Okay. Now they do want me to inform you that there might as much as a two hour wait.

Me: I don't understand.

Her: They've asked me to inform patients that there might be as much as a two hour wait to see the doctor.

Me: Um, okay...I think I'd better take the 8 a.m. appointment then.

Her: Okay, no problem. We do ask that you arrive fifteen minutes early to fill out your paperwork.

Me: (totally speechless)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And now I quick thought on this year's Oscar nominations:

TOTAL RUBBISH!

Michael Clayton?????! Seriously? That movie was a ridiculously over-wordy, drama-less, agonizingly over-stylized waste of time. Best Director? Best Actor and Supporting Actor nominations? Give me a break.

Atonement? Ug. Boring. Pointless. Uninteresting.

Juno? I mean, it was good, but not that good. Feels like hype is at work here.

I didn't see Enchanted, but the fact that it got 3 Best Song nominations to Eddie Vedder's zero discredits the entire category.

6 comments:

Kory said...

I will never understand that about doctors. How does someone get so behind in their appointments? Two hours!? I can see 10 or 15 minutes because someone before you went a few minutes over. First, it's an 8 am appointment, how many appointments can the doc see before then to drop that far behind? Second, to have the ability to look into the future and know that your patients need to wait to see you before the day even comes is amazing, medical school really paid off for this one.

Kory said...

And don't get me started on the customer service point...

Joe said...

I have never been told that I was going to have to wait for my appointment nor have had to wait over 30 minutes EVER for my doctor. I question your choice of physicians...

Joe said...

That said, quite an amusing story.

So what are your nods for Best Pic?

j.h.k. said...

Ya know, I was going to do a post about my personal movie awards, but when I was looking over the list of 2007 releases, I realized there are still a few I haven't seen that I think could crack the list. I'm gonna try and knock a couple out this weekend.

Adam and Myisha Partridge said...

You guys just don't understand. If you ever need legal advice from me I'll ask you to wait a couple of hours as well. It's just a matter of principle.