Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Rebel Without a Claus

I know it's August.

I know it is 75 degrees out.

I know there is still a month and a half of baseball to be played.

I know it's still fashionably acceptable to be wearing linen shirts and white pants.

I know all these thing. And I do embrace them.

But I just listened to a Christmas song*, intentionally and in its entirety.

Because I just needed it, that's why. I might listen to three more by days' end. Sorry, coworkers.

*Ironically, my selection was Johnny Mathis' version of "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas."

3 comments:

Valerie Koop said...

Wondering when this post was coming.

j.h.k. said...

Only a matter of time. My ipod hits Christmas songs on shuffle everyday and I have been begrudgingly hitting skip as a courtesy and an exercise of self-discipline. Today was a "screw it" day.

Valerie Koop said...

Don't ever stop blogging, okay?

You crack me up "...as a courtesy and an exercise of self-discipline."

So laughing this morning.

And craving a pumpkin spice latte. Thanks.