Tuesday, August 17, 2010

And in other, more interesting news...


The Fall Seasonals Are Here! The Fall Seasonals Are Here!
Ohhhh, my friends. What a sumptuous surprise to stumble upon during a lunch break Ralph's run. My heart leapt, my loins sunk, my stomach remained fairly stable, considering. The Sam Adams Octoberfest brew! The New Belgium Hoptober! There was even a liter bottle of some Sierra Nevada seasonal brew that I'd never even heard of! It bore a burnt sienna label with a stream and golden leaves! In the voice of Terrence Mann, Autumn will come, Ray. Autumn will most definitely come. You probably noticed that the six-pack of Sammy pictured above is resting atop a twelve-pack. If I told you that it was a seasonal brew combo-pack, you'd probably tell me how those are a ripoff because they always sneak in some disgusting curveball brew like "Cranberry Lambec." I would agree with you, but today, my friends, I am thrilled to report that we would both be wrong. For this combo-pack was solid throughout. Of course, you realize this is only the beginning, the first whiff of smoke signaling the raging fire of Fall still to come. Why just looking at that photo above, I was moved to imbibe a hot mug of chai tea with peanut butter toast, finally willing to entertain that my most sacredly loved of seasons was almost here again.

3 comments:

Conrad said...

For once, I would love for you to totally enjoy summer all summer long and say "No Autumn. Bad Autumn. This is Summer time." I want you to wake up after Labor Day and say "Goodbye Tan, hello"--chai tea or whatever hippiness that comes with your Autumn delight.

j.h.k. said...

I wish you could love me for who I am and not feel the need to change me.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I am sitting here shaking my fist at the sun (not yet anyway). I appreciate summer for all its beauties. It's just not my favorite. What's wrong with getting excited that my favorite will is visible on the horizon?

Conrad said...

How's the extended summer treating you? I really wish I was a part of it. I'm going to try and make sure I get the most out of next summer.