Tuesday, October 13, 2009

26 hours until Dollar Beer Night Reunion...

--There's nothing like coming home to massive holes in your dining room wall. "Look hun, I can see the laundry room!" Of course, it's for the wonderful cause of re-piping and it is great to spend some time with the new copper beauties we'll be celebrating with high-pressure showers in the next few days, but nobody likes to see holes in their walls.

--Another fine day of what I call Richmond Weather. Chilly and grey with a chance of showers, perfect for a fine lunch of chili and beer at my favorite place in El Segundo. I'd love to hole up there for the better part of the afternoon with a brew and a book.

--El Cholo tonight. I've always found that to be an odd name for a Mexican restaurant because of the connotations associated with the word as slang. I figured that couldn't be the meaning they were going for when they named it, but I never knew what the literal definition might be. Until now. Thanks to end-of-day boredom and the wonderous powers of the internet, I bring to you the actual Spanish dictionary definition of "El Cholo":

cholo [cho’-lo, lah]
adjective
1. Person of half-European and half-Indian parentage.

It's so much more clear to me now.

--If, God forbid, the Angels should fall to the Yankees in Games 1 & 2, you can start the blame right here. I wore my red halos hat and 2002 jersey for each game of the Division Series and you can see the results they produced. Due to bachelor party restrictions (VEGAS!!!!!), I will be virtually unable to don my uniform for these next two games. I am very, very conflicted about this. If the Angels could win Game 1, it would really give me a huge boost going into the rest of the weekend. And if you think I'm crazy, I quote Crash Davis:

"Don't fuck with a winning streak."

I know it's ridiculous, but I am not alone in this, right? I know for a fact Cruiser ordered his sister to NOT go to the bathroom and maintain her position during the 9th inning rally in Game 3 of the Boston series. And I think he was right to do so. Man oh man, halos...let's just win Game 1 and put the whole thing to bed.

1 comment:

Conrad said...

Let's rub it in why don't you...

I don't recall any clothes restrictions in the bachelor party emails (other than fancy clothes for the nightlife)