Thursday, November 13, 2008

Sue Me


But I am ready for Christmas, damn it! I'm in the spirit! I'm singin' the songs! I'm burnin' the Yankee candles! Slippers, sweaters, and sweats! The three S's! (For colder climates, see Four S's including scarves) I don't care that it's November 13th! What am I saying? November 13th is the Christmas season in its early prime! I am taking a lot of heat from the holiday fascists here at work, but, screw em, I'm goin' anyway. The bus is leaving with or without 'em. They can go on listening to their Kings of Leon until December friggin' 24th if they so choose. I can't help them if they can't admit that they have a problem. I'm diving into the good stuff! On, Bing! On, Harry Jr.! On, Manheim friggin' Steamroller!

8 comments:

Kory said...

May Prop. 25 strike you down for another week!

j.h.k. said...

What's Prop 25?

j.h.k. said...

Ha! I get it now. Thing of it is, I'm actually in the Christmas spirit year round. When a Christmas song pops up on my ipod via shuffle in July, I sing a few bars before I force myself to skip it. I could go 365 if I lived in a society that wouldn't stone me for it. So I got news for ya, Kory "Bah-Humbug" Burroughs: The Season is here. If you don't like it, stay home.

Online Dating Girl said...

Dude, you know my feelings on Christmas. I am also ready. So ready in fact that I've already finished my Christmas shopping.

Adam and Myisha Partridge said...

You had me until Manheim Steamroller.

j.h.k. said...

Hahahahaha....amen. I'm not into them either but I thought it sounded good in that sentence.

Valerie Koop said...

"See the Four S's ..." perfect!

I'm with you, John. In fact, my iPod has been playing the "holiday genre" for 3 days now. I had forgotten I had (in a moment of weakness, I swear) purchased Mariah Carey's Christmas, and when she came piping through the speakers, I ALMOST postponed the holiday tunes...but not even she can keep me down.

I dug out Caeden's tree last night and plugged it in his room. The look on his face when the tree lit up was priceless. Start em' early, folks!

Nicholas said...

My wife likes to set our direct TV to the XM radio holiday songs station all day long and it drives me nuts! There are only so many ways I can stand listening to the same songs.