Monday, February 11, 2008

You Make The Call

So here is my dilemna.

I was out a couple days having the surgery. When I returned, I found that my coffee mug had become a petrie dish of mold and petrified coffee. I took it to our kitchen here at work and left it to soak in hot water and dish soap. I have done this many times before at various jobs without incident. I went on about my day and didn't think about it again until I needed coffee the next morning. Come to find out, some nice person had taken the liberty of washing it and putting it away in the cupboard, which is very nice. However, it quickly became evident that some other nice person has taken the liberty of taking it out of the cupboard for their personal use. We have some mugs that don't belong to anyone and are just there to share among those who prefer ceramics to styrofoam and since mine was amongst them, I can't blame someone for using it. But here's the thing...

I want it back. It wasn't there at the end of the day Friday and it's not there this morning. I painted this mug myself as it clearly states on the mug. I was at Color Me Mine, had no idea what I wanted to paint and was running out of time so I ended up painting the words "I painted this mug." I've had this mug for years. It's my bread and butter. It has sentimental value, damn it!

So what do I do? Do I just wait and hope that the borrowe hasn't been charmed by it to the extent that they have no plans of returning it to the cupboard? Do I look like a psycho and go around asking about it?

Argh!

UPDATE: The mug has been recovered! Some nice person had not washed it and put it away, but, rather, put it in the dishwasher. Go figure!

2 comments:

Kory said...

You announce your presence with authority and turn that place upside down! If you let this pass what will happen next time you’re out a few days? Your mouse pad, gone. Your pictures of your family and friends, gone. Chair, gone. Next thing you know whoever took your mug is sitting in your chair, looking at photos of your family driving your car home and sleeping with Nicole. Do it for Nicole's sake.

Conrad said...

Sounds like it's time for a secret ninja mission. I say you keep scoping the kitchen for someone to wash it out. Find out who that person is, and use some coffee-boarding on the them.