Wednesday, October 05, 2011

I'm alive, but is my blog dying?

I think it might be.

The posts have been few (very few) and far between. At first, I was just insanely busy with class and work and squeezing normal life in between. Now I've got plenty of time, but do to a shitstorm at work, I dare not blog for how it will look in my daily productivity report. Consider this very post a quiet act of rebellion on a beautiful rainy day wherein I am feeling sentimental and carefree.

Where do we go from here? I feel my blogging muscles have atrophied. Do I have anything to say for myself?

--Isn't it sad when you someone you've known for years suddenly seems flimsily two-dimensional and utterly fucking annoying to you? I'm not even talking about someone I would call a friend. I can only imagine what it must be like for people to feel this way about a girlfriend or boyfriend, anyone they love. I wonder if anybody's ever felt this way about me.

--If there were ever a day to call in sick, it might have been today. A truly gloomy, rainy day in the heart of Fall? Good lord, it took everything I had not to throw the sweats on today, curl up on the couch, and try for my best sick voice. Alas, the timing for such a ploy could not be worse and inevitably, I end up wondering all day whether or not I pulled it off. I think if I got fired right now I actually would not be the slightest bit stressed about it until the morning, so happy would I be to get to go home and enjoy this afternoon. I would make beef stew and beer bread.

--Why is no one up for Oktoberfest this year? I know last year didn't go exactly according to plan with the party bus crashing and someone puking on my lederhosen, but I thought the during part was good anyway.

--Bill Brasky, if you're reading this, I miss your musk. It's been too long. Give me a call.

--Call me crazy but I love Disneyland in the rain. The lightweights stay home and it's just the pros and the tourists with the run of the park. It reminds me of the old days when all you had to do was go on a weekday to avoid the crowds. Last time I went on a rainy day, we did every relevant ride at least twice, including CA Adventure, and still had plenty of time to squeeze in those special times at Disneyland where you just sit and take it all in or even try something you've never bothered with before. Wow, we even did Tarzan's Treehouse that day. What I wouldn't give for a coffee, a churro, and a haunted mansion right about now.

Well, alright, time to look busy.

6 comments:

Conrad said...

Heading up to Helen,GA next week. It's an Octoberfest Town!

j.h.k. said...

Do you have lederhosen yet?

Conrad said...

When we went through the closets, I found my old pair from The Sound of Music. Unfortunately they were too small so I put them in the Goodwill pile. Too small in a bad way, not the too small in a goofy way...

Helen's Capers said...

keep blogging! i very much enjoy your blog. i love disneyland in the rain, too. some of my favorite disney memories are ones from rainy days, wearing yellow mickey mouse ponchos ;) looking forward to taking cooper when he's old enough to remember. happy fall!

Jenny Welch said...

Welcome back! I always love reading your blogs, however often or not they may be.

Anonymous said...

Christ... I think I need to check in more often... I just saw this. I miss your musk too buddy... spring training?