Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Someday I'll get it right, a true story

One of the first gifts I ever gave my future wife was a pair of shoes. Since the size of her feet was not yet second nature to me at that point, you can understand how I could guess wrong on her shoe size. I went back and exchanged them for her. No problem. Then the new pair didn't fit quite right either so I returned to the store once again and exchanged for yet another half size difference. Of course, I didn't know it at the time, but this episode would prove to be a harbinger of shoe buying shenanigans to come. As another example, take this scene from last night...

"I think they are just a little too small."

"But every pair of shoes in your closet that shows a size, shows this size."

"The shoes in my closet?"

"Every shoe in your closet."

"Oh, those are too small."

"Of course they are."

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

that's my girl- love her!

Conrad said...

We talked for 30 min about this! How could it have gone wrong?

Well at least the early decision was the right one. Will you be able to return them in time?

j.h.k. said...

Yeah, just made the cutoff for the exchange. And the other pair fit fine so I am batting .500 this season.

Conrad said...

Christmas isn't here yet. You're still batting a 1.000 with one batting practice session...

Valerie Koop said...

Just revisiting this post.
Cracks me up every time I read it...

Edlund said...

Too bad we don't even gift christmas gifts in my family anymore.