Thursday, September 09, 2010

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?!!!...No? Not interested? Oh. Okay.

There is something very very wrong with this world when a man (me) cannot find a single buddy to go to a friggin' football game with. Not one. I can't afford it. I have plans with my girlfriend. I have a family thing. I have to get up early Sunday morning. All fine, iron-clad(ish) excuses if considered on an individual level, but when viewed as a collective whole, is there really any just cause that I had access to four(!) tickets for the USC game this Saturday yet will end up watching it from my couch? (Rhetorical)

Did I mention it's the 2010 home opener?!

What. The. Hell.

It's cool. I can tailgate on my back patio, drinking fall seasonals*, grilling burgers, making macho jokes to Mr. Frodo. At least I save a few bucks, which offsets the cost of my recently acquired lederhosen. So I got that going for me, which is nice.

*I found a Widmer Bros. Oktoberfest brew at Bevmo.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Wtf!

I'll go!

Valerie Koop said...

Lindsay - LOL.

I was logging on to say the SAME THING.

I'm in.

Anonymous said...

I'm in a combat zone.
That's a pretty sweet excuse, right?

Kory said...

I dont remember a call, or a text. Nope, no email here. Guess I'm not a good enough friend to go to a game with you.

Adam, it's not good enough...its show friends, not show business.

j.h.k. said...

Cruiser, I already knew why you couldn't go.