Tuesday, October 28, 2008

HOLY SHIT, WHERE'S THE TYLENOL?!

In the heartless, greedy spirit of Ebenezer Scrooge and Frank Shirley, I have just learned that our boss has decided that the scheduled two weeks off at Christmas will be unpaid. That's right, you read it right, he's decided to not just take away our never-existent Christmas bonuses this year, he's decided to withhold our salary and not pay us anything at all. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night! To think, I bought a Christmas CD at lunch, feeling almost guilty about being so in the spirit so long before Christmas. An hour later, I would experience the polar opposite of this whistle-while-you-work optimism and cheeriness as I heard I would need to find another means by which to pay my Christmas rent and bills. This was an inspiration not to sing carols and spread good cheer--no, this was the inspiration to piss on Scrooge's desk and punch him in his smug, insufferable beak. Luckily, there are blogs.

Although...if any of you are actually looking for any last minute gifts for me as my hero Clark W. Griswold details in the clip above, I do have the prick's address (wink).

6 comments:

Joe said...

So it's a mandatory two weeks that's now unpaid?

j.h.k. said...

Yessir.

Valerie Koop said...

What to even say? That is horrid news.

Joe said...

That's b.s...is that even legal?!

Online Dating Girl said...

I worked on a set where they did this once. They called it 'hiatus' to get around any illegality of it. It's not fair and it definitely doesn't encourage anyone to come back after said hiatus. I'm sorry dude.

Adam and Myisha Partridge said...

the legality of it depends on whether paid Christmas vacations were part of your employment contract. Look at your employee handbook if it says one way or the other...