Monday, August 14, 2006

A Cry For Help

Please, friends, help me help myself. I use the word "lovely" faaaaaar too much.

"How's it going, John?"
"Lovely, how are you?"

"Hey John, how have you been?"
"Lovely, thank you."

"How was your weekend?"
"Lovely."

I don't mean to do it. At this point, it's an instinct. But I need to deny it and change it. If I were someone else, it would drive me insane that my answer to any question was the same word, much less that word being "lovely."

If you catch me saying the word, please...call me on it. I can't do this without your support.

5 comments:

AJ said...

I must have gotten than from you, then. I say "lovey" a lot, too.

j.h.k. said...

Nip it in the bud before it becomes an addiction. I implore you.

Adam and Myisha Partridge said...

Maybe you can may have an 'adjective of the day' that you can focus on to get off lovely. Here are some examples:
swimmingly
fancifully
disturbingly
etc.

j.h.k. said...

The adjective of the day is "delightful."

Rebecca said...

Isn't it lovely?