Friday, June 16, 2006

Fuck you too, Michelle Branch.

In a recent interview with People Magazine, recording artist Michelle Branch was asked how her parents felt when she first started dating her 41-year-old husband, bassist Teddy Landau. Her reply?

"My parents hated the idea--and now love him, of course. My dad never wanted me to be with a musician. I mean, how unrealistic is that? I'm not going to fall for an accountant!"

Of course not! What a zany notion! Accountants are so boring. All they think about is numbers. All they are capable of comprehending or discussing are digits and cost reports. It's not like they are unique, interesting individuals who have opinions and passions about things outside of their life at work. There's just no way that someone as artistic and deep as Michelle Branch could possibly ever fall in love with someone that simple. It's laughable! HA!

8 comments:

Joe said...

Easy, Rod...

Adam and Myisha Partridge said...

You're only really an account by day. By night, you can probably define yourself in such a way to attract the good graces of ms. branch...

Anonymous said...

Dude! You already have a girlfriend. Even if Branch came to you you couldnt do anything about it, but then again that would never happen because your an accountant.
Adam, dont give him any false ideas, please.

Anonymous said...

Um, hit a soft spot there, king?

I wouldn't take it so seriously. Could she have been making a bad joke?

j.h.k. said...

Could I have been joking too?

Joe said...

Could I have been joking too?

At this point, we don't know...

Anonymous said...

my neighbor is a 26 year old accountant and is the most boring person I have ever met. He does absolutely nothing but work, smoke, and walk around in his robe acting creapy. he is also an insomniac

j.h.k. said...

Sounds more like a musician to me.